About Me

My photo
Here are my opinions on all the latest goings-on within the fascinating world of the rich and famous, or more often, that of the z-list wannabes. My love of reality TV and all things celebrity fuel this page and I invite comments from any fellow ‘trash-tv’ enthusiasts! Enjoy.

Wednesday 26 September 2012

The Valleys AKA Geordie Shore but with a different accent

I've got a great idea, let's put a load of wannabes into a house, ply them with alcohol, encourage them to get up to all sorts, film them, then pick out the most outrageous bits and turn it into a new reality show.

Oh hang on, no, they've already done that with Geordie Shore...

Well if you like that then you'll love The Valleys because it's exactly the same!!

Sex, booze, parties, boobs... Ticks all the same boxes.
Nicole appears to have a wind problem.
I'm not gonna lie and pretend it's not compulsive viewing because any lover of reality TV will certainly be sucked into this too, but it's certainly nothing original.

I never watched Geordie Shore religiously, mainly because I didn't have MTV when it started but I did sit and watch the whole box set of series 1 and though utterly shocked at what I was seeing, I couldn't bring myself to switch off.
Lateysha looks like Beyonce - apparently.
I thought I'd give The Valleys a go in the hope that it would be something a bit different to all the others but, no, it has the same characters as all the rest. Ie. the player, the bimbo, the glamour model, the gay... etc.

The show is clearly intended to shock and I guess if you'd never watched anything like this before then you would be pretty taken aback but I found it more cringeworthy than anything.
Watch out girls - here are the lads.
I'm not saying that what these people are getting up to is wrong, everyone likes to 'let their hair down' once in a while but I just can't understand why on earth they would want to be filmed doing it!

Are they really that desperate to be famous?!

I reckon they should set up a new show which follows around a bunch of nerdy people. It would be like a cross between The Inbetweeners and TOWIE!

But for now, I guess I'll be tuning into The Valleys to see 'who's banging who' next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment